Afters with no Befores

Do you ever get so excited to start a project that you jump in and forget to take pictures?  I do that all the time.  I know bad!!  So I have some cute afters with no befores for you to see. But maybe it will give you a little inspiration anyway.

Here is a dresser I did for “Love.”  Her favorite color is blue so I painted her dresser a turquoise color and then I glazed it with black.

blue dresser

I really like this dresser.  Ignore the missing drawer and hardware hehe.

Here is one I did for “Laughter.”  She is all about all things girly so of course she had to have a pink dresser.

At first I thought hey lets make it white and then do a pink glaze over it.  That will be cute.  Um NO!!  EPIC FAIL!!  It looked like washed out pink slime.  I’m sorry I don’t have a pic but let me just tell you what I learned.

For glazing use neutrals.  Paint your piece in whatever color you want and glaze it with neutrals {black brown white etc}.  It will look much better!!

I ended up painting over the white with pink.  Then I used the white to glaze the dresser.  I think it came out nice.  I love how the white handles look so cute and girly.

032

Here’s a close up pic so you can see how the white glaze looks.

046

I love how this one came out.  It’s like cotton candy hehe.  I struggled with painting these dressers like this.  I thought when they grow up and become teenagers or even when they go off to college are they going to want a pink or blue dresser?  But I decided to just go for it.  It made them so happy to get exactly what they wanted.  And I guess I can always repaint if I need to.

So there you have it.  Afters with no befores {sorry I will be better next time} but hopefully you get the idea.  Just picture yucky yellowy stained wood for the before.  Do you like them or do you think pink and blue are too much for dressers??

I’m linking here!!

Photobucket

Comments

1. Pudel-design says:

Oh The turquoise one is so pretty;)
    Thank you for your comment and for following me;)
    Lovely greetings…

2. LOVE the turquoise color!! It looks terrific!

3. What are the names of the colors of the pink and turqoise and brand of glaze u used? They turned out soo darling.

4. Kristine @ JandMs Eye Candy says:

Thank you for your sweet comment on our blog ;) We are your newest follower ;) LOVE what you did with both of them!! The turquoise color is lovely!

5. Jeannies Bottle says:

I have been thinking of painting a piece pink and after seeing your dresser, I'm going to; it looks so cute!

6. Heather says:

I love love love the turqoise dresser. The black glaze really accents the lines and curves of the piece! Great work!

7. I found you on Simply Designing. Creative people like you inspire me so I decided to follow your blog. These dressers are great and I love that you did them for your girl's personalities too. Nice job. I hope you will follow me back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I can be found in facebook too http://www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose and twitter @DeniseLillaRose If you like/follow me there I will do the same for you. When you stop by my blog, please check out my kind of fashion (hair jewelry).

8. Stephanie says:

I love the dressers. Cute colors! Eventually I would like to finish a big piece of furniture with glazing. My biggest project with glaze has been a picture frame. I am following you now and hope that you will follow me back :). mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com
    p.s. I found you on Not JUST a Housewife

9. I love them both but the turquoise is my fave. I'm actually getting ready to paint a dresser about the same color. I have never glazed before but I love the look it gave the dresser in the picture!

10. wow, they both look great, but the aqua one is my favorite! well done!

11. I love that torquoise dresser!

12. Beautiful!

13. I am almost funished with my dresser (blue) would like to get more info on the glaze, I was thinking about using paint lacker spray.

14. Connie @ Measured by the Heart says:

Izzy, I tried to email you back but you are set as a no reply blogger. IF you would like to change your profile so your email address shows then I can email you with answers. I hope you will check here for my response.

I buy my glaze at Lowes. It was called Martha Stewart Faux Finishing Glaze. It was about 15$. You just mix it 4 parts to 1 with whatever you are using for tint. I have mixed it with paint, stain and stain with a varnish in it. Just put some into another container and mix it up. For the Turquoise dresser I used black paint with glaze. Then you use a brush and paint it on…taking care to get into all the crevices. Take a cloth and wipe it off. It will leave some behind especially in the cracks and creases and this glazes it. You can be very tedious with wiping it off {even using a wet cloth} for a more clean glaze or more haphazard wiping it off for a more messy glaze look. I hope this helps you. Let me know if you have any questions.
    You can use your sealer after this step to seal it all.

15. Thank you!