You may have heard of K2 or “Spice.” K2 is a synthetic or manmade drug that was created to emulate the effects of marijuana. K2/Spice goes by many other names, such as Black Mamba, Bliss, Kronic, Mary Mack, Solar Flare, and others. Whatever name these “synthetic cannabinoids” go by, they are very dangerous. K2 side effects are harmful and can be both immediate and long-lasting. Here are some short-term K2 drug side effects:
- Anxiety, aggression, agitation
- Dry mouth
- Heart attack and stroke
- Increased heart rate
- Excessive sweating
- Red eyes
- Tremors and seizures
Knowing the side effects of using K2/Spice can help you to identify if someone you know is using the drug. Here are some long-term signs of K2 use:
- Permanent brain damage
- Kidney damage
- Hallucination and psychotic episodes
- Anxiety and depression
As you can see, K2/Spice is an extremely dangerous drug and should be avoided. The potential for addiction is high and can cause permanent harm to the user. In the next section, we will discuss addiction to K2/Spice.
Signs of K2 Addiction
If you think someone you know may have become addicted to K2/Spice, seek help immediately. Some signs of Spice addiction may include:
- Withdrawal symptoms, such as headaches, anxiety, depression, and irritability
- Financial problems
- Problems with relationships
- Trouble at home, work, or school
- Continuing to use the drug, despite the negative impact it has on his/her life
If someone you know has become addicted to K2/Spice, professional rehab can help him or her get their life back. Recovery is possible with the right treatment program.
Treatment for Symptoms of Spice Drug Use
Addiction is a fierce battle to win. However, with the right drug rehabilitation center, recovery is possible. Rehabilitation for Spice addiction may look slightly different at individual treatment centers, but the basic process will be the same. Here is what a typical rehabilitation program might look like for treating signs of Spice addiction:
- Medical evaluation – a team of professionals will provide an individual assessment that will help them create a unique treatment plan to fit the needs of each person.
- Detox – a medically supervised detox will take place. K2 side effects will be diminished gradually as the body is tapered slowly off the drug. Detox can be an unpleasant experience,but it is necessary to overcome addiction. Once the body is clean from all drugs and alcohol, rehabilitation can take place.
- Rehab – After detox is complete, the person will undergo formal rehabilitation. Many types of therapy will take place, such as individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy, art and music therapy, and physical activities.
- Aftercare – Upon completion of the rehab program, continuing care options will be available. Options might include things like sober living homes, alumni meeting groups, and more.
If your loved one needs help overcoming their addiction to K2/Spice, a rehabilitation center may be the answer. Sometimes getting away from the pressures of friends and family can help in the recovery process. United Recovery Project in Florida welcomes those suffering in other cities and states.